How Rich Am I? Part #3
Posted on August 1, 2016 by America's Keswick in Freedom Fighters
It’s August. Can you believe it? Summer is flying by. As we begin this new week of Freedom Fighter blogs, I want to share the next ten blessings that you and I have because we are in Christ. Take a minute or two to look up the references. Allow these truths to burn deep into your hearts. We are richer than we can imagine.
21. Unseen assets — at the moment of salvation, we receive all of the unseen assets of the Christian life, called “every spiritual blessing in Christ” (Eph 1:2-6)
22. Judgment of Sins — all of our sins were judged under the spiritual death of our Lord Jesus Christ. The application of this truth to our lives as Christians is of the utmost importance because all of our personal sins were judged at the cross (Rom 4:24; 1 Pet 2:24).
23. Adoption — we are adopted into the royal family of God at the moment of salvation. Our spiritual adoption is in reference to us instantly being recognized as adult sons with full privileges (Rom 8:15, 23; Eph 1:5)
24. Eternal Relationship to God — we are eternally related to God because of our Lord’s presence at the Father’s right hand. Knowledge and application of this great truth should produce a corresponding experiential sanctification (i.e., walking in fellowship with the Lord through the filling of the Holy Spirit) (Eph 2:13; James 4:8).
25. We are on the Rock Jesus Christ — we have an eternally secure relationship with God from the point of salvation onward (1 Cor 3:11; 2 Cor. 1:21; Eph 2:20).
26. We are a gift from the Father to the Son — we are of such value that the Father took us as a present and gave us to the Son. As with all things that God does, it is permanent and can never be given back (Jn 10:29; 17:5-6, 11-12).
27. Royal Priesthood — we become partakers of a royal and holy priesthood. As Christian priests (every one of us), we represent ourselves to God through confession of sin, study of God’s Word, prayer, praise, and giving (1 Pet 2:5, 9; Rev 1:6).
28. We are a chosen generation; a peculiar (unique) people. This is why we do not really fit in with this world, because we are a peculiar people and we operate by a different value system (Titus 2:14; 1 Pet 2:9).
29. Access to God — at the moment of salvation, we obtain access to God. When Jesus died on the cross, the veil was torn asunder from top to bottom signifying that the sin debt has been eliminated (Matt 27:50-51). As a result, we can freely enter God’s throne room any time (Rom 5:2; Eph 2:18; Heb 4:14-16; 10:19-20).
30. Under the “much more” care of God — we are within the “much more” care of God. In other words, if God did the greatest thing already, isn’t He prepared to help us with the little things? He’s done everything He can do in Jesus Christ to bridge the gap between us and God (Rom 5:9; Eph 2:4).
Next week I will share the last 10. I hope that these are an encouragement to you. Now enjoy your week. Thanks for taking a few minutes of your day to read our daily blogs. I trust that they are a blessing in your life. By the way – just knowing you take to time to dial in is an encouragement to us too. May God bless you.
Written by Dr. Bill Welte is President/CEO of America’s Keswick: He has been married to his child sweetheart for 40+ years, and has three married kids, one that is engaged, and 10 amazing grand kids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
The Daily Bible Reading: Psalm 62; Proverbs 1
Daily Quote: “As good as we might think God is now, in his presence we’ll realize we only saw the millionth part of his glory.” ~Bob Kauflin
This Week’s Verse to Memorize:
17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19 The Lord God[a] is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.
To the Chief Musician. With my stringed instruments.