Are you a Wise Christian? That might be a tough question to answer without knowing what I’m really asking. So, here are some statements about what makes up a Wise Christian.
1. A Wise Christian in one who is in the Pursuit of God: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding (Prov 9:10). What is more, I consider everything as a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord… (Phil 3:8)
2. A Wise Christian is one who Applies God’s Word in a living way: The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double -edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Heb. 4:12)
3. A Wise Christian knows the Importance of Prayer: For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer… (1 Peter 3:12)
4. A Wise Christian Values Fellowship with Godly People: He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm. (Prov 13:20) Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up” (Ecc. 4:9-10).
5. A Wise Christian Shares the Word of God: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,… and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you… (Matt 28:19-20) That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome. I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes…(Romans 1:15-16).
So how are you doing on the wise scale? I know I fall short at times, however, I know we can all grow in wisdom and strength if you continue to pursue Godly wisdom.
Written by Lynne Jahns: Lynne is currently the Director of Barbara’s Place, the addiction recovery for women at America’s Keswick.