Who Are You?
Posted on February 9, 2017 by Graeme Wilson in Victory Call
This question has been rolling around in my brain for several days, kind of like that song that gets stuck in your head. “Who are you without trying?” The question is not original with me, I heard it at a women’s group I attended recently. I immediately had a sunken feeling. Ugh – I hate to think of who I am without trying.
Who am I without trying?
- I am selfish
- I am proud
- I am self-centered
- I like to be in control
- I think my way is best
- I think my opinion is right
- I often feed my flesh, literally.
And the list could go on and on…. A bleak picture.
But then I got to thinking….
Who did I used to be without trying?
- I was fearful
- I was a worrier
- I was anxious
- I was quick to speak
By God’s grace these are things that I no longer am without trying… most of the time. This is evidence of God’s grace of sanctification.
Then I’m back to: who am I without trying?
Because of the efforts of Jesus Christ and His redeeming work on the cross, without my trying …
- I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb– Gal 3:13
- My spirit has been regenerated –Eph 2:13
- I am saved –Eph 2:8-9
- I am precious in His sight– Is 43:4
- I am justified– Romans 5:1
- I am being sanctified –1 Cor 6:11
- I am a child of the One True God John — 1:12
- I am a joint heir with Jesus Christ–Romans 8:17
- I am forgiven — Eph 1:7
- I am delighted in — Psalm 16:3
- My name is written in the Lamb’s book of life –Rev 21:17
- I am destined for heaven –Heb 11:16
- I have new life –Gal 2:20
- I am adopted –Eph 1:5
- I am chosen– Eph 1:4
- I am loved– 1 Thess 1:4
- I am filled with the Holy Spirit– Romans 8:11
- I have grace poured out on me– John 1:16
- I am a work in progress– Phil 1:6
THAT IS WHO I AM WITHOUT TRYING. ALL BECAUSE OF HIM.
Diane serves part time on the staff of America’s Keswick providing ministry support from her home in North Carolina. She is also a Biblical counselor and women’s event speaker. For more information about having Diane speak at your next event please contact her at email@example.com.