Ever get the feeling God’s trying to tell you something?
Years ago, Dr. Dan Skogan spoke at our monthly Families For Christ ministry for married Barbara’s Place & Colony Couples. His topic was Pride and Humility. I wasn’t in the room 15 minutes before I knew God was speaking to me.
Dr. Dan quickly got to a list of 12 manifestations of pride. I had 14 of them!!
Let me share these with you for your personal pondering:
Manifestations of Pride:
1. Complaining against or passing judgment on God (Rom 9:20)
2. A lack of gratitude (Matt 20:1-16)
3. Anger (Mark 14:4-5)
4. Seeing yourself as better than others (Luke 7:36-50)
5. Having an inflated view of your importance, gifts, and abilities (1 Cor 4:7)
6. Being focused on the lace of your gifts and abilities (1 Cor 12:14-25)
8. Talking too much (Prov 10:19)
9. Talking too much about yourself (Prov 27:2)
10. Seeking independence or control (1 Cor 1:10-13)
11. Being consumed with what other people think (Gal 1:10)
12. Being devastated or angered by criticism (Prov 13:1)
Proud? Who me? Yes, me!
Dr. Skogan gave much food for thought and I will be using more of his materials, with permission, in the future.
Written By Diane Hunt: Diane Hunt serves on the board of America’s Keswick and provides ministry support from her home in North Carolina. She is also a biblical counselor and women’s event speaker. For more information about having Diane speak at your next event please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Think About This: “Do not be taken in or flattered by your own success or fame. Take not only as to whether or not the old creation, including everything which comes by birth, has gone through the cross.” – Watchman Nee