You Have An Amazing Position IN CHRIST!
Posted on July 18, 2016 by America's Keswick in Freedom Fighters
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ … Ephesians 1:3
There is some very crazy teaching on Christian TV and radio that seems to indicate that if we do certain things, God will pour out wealth, health and prosperity that will make us healthy, wealthy and wise.
God has promised us that He will always provide for our needs, but His definition of what we think we need and what He KNOWS we need is often very different.
We are far more rich than we can imagine. We are so rich IN CHRIST because Paul reminds us that we have been “blessed with EVERY SPIRITUAL BLESSING in heavenly places IN CHRIST.”
My friend, David Brewer, serves with a great ministry LIFE IN MESSIAH INTERNATIONAL, and he recently gave me an article called “The Wealth of Our Position In Christ: 40 Things That Occur At The Point of Our Salvation.” He adapted an article that has been written by Andy Woods.
This was such a blessing to me that I want to take the next four blogs that I submit to you to hopefully encourage you to understand your position in Christ. Will you take this one step further? Grab your Bible and look up the references that go along with each point. It will bless your heart!
(1) Imputed Righteousness — divine righteousness is imputed from God the Father to our souls and we share the righteousness of Christ (Rom 3:25-26; 4:3-5; 2 Cor 5:21). This is not something we receive by any effort on our part, apart from faith in Jesus’ finished work.
(2) Justification — as a result of this imputed righteousness, we are “declared righteous” or justified by God the Father; we are completely innocent in a positional way (Rom 3:24-30; 5:1; Gal 3:24).
(3) Children of God (“Born again” or “Regeneration) — we are “regenerated” or “born again” through the power of the Holy Spirit (Jn 3:1-12; Rom 8:16; Titus 3:5; 1 Jn 3:2).
(4) A Human Spirit that Has Communication with the Holy Spirit — we receive a regenerated human spirit which is part of the Holy Spirit’s regeneration ministry (Rom 8:16; 1 Cor 2:14).
(5) Imputed Everlasting Life — we receive the imputation of everlasting life from God the Father to our regenerative human spirit. And at the same instant, we share the eternal life Christ through positional truth. This is our double portion of eternal life (1 Jn 5:11-12).
(6) Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Baptized by the Spirit into Christ; 1 Cor 12:13).
(7) Propitiation — God’s anger against us because of our sin has been completely satisfied because of Jesus’ finished work on the cross. Therefore, everything that occurs in our Christian life is an expression of God’s love toward us, even the trials that we endure (Rom 3:24-25; Heb 2:17; 1 Jn 2:2; 4:10).
(8) Reconciliation – this indicates that Christ’s death removed God’s enmity against man. We are reconciled through faith in Jesus’ finished work on the cross by God the Father because of the removal of the sin barrier between man and God. This work of Christ guarantees our eternal access to God (Rom 5:10; 2 Cor 5:18-20).
(9) Redemption – we’ve been redeemed (purchased out of the slave market of sin (Rom 3:24; 8:23; Gal 5:1; 1 Pet 1:18-19; Rev 5:9).
(10) Forgiveness — at the moment of salvation, we are granted total forgiveness of all our sins (past, present and future) by God the Father (Ps 103:12; Is 1:18; 43:25-26; 44:22; Micah 7:18-19; Acts 3:19; 10:43; Eph 1:7; Col 1:14).
I needed to be reminded of these truths this week. How about you? Why not forward this to a friend who needs to hear this truth too.
Written by Dr. Bill Welte is President/CEO of America’s Keswick: He has been married to his child sweetheart for 40+ years, and has three married kids, one that is engaged, and 10 amazing grand kids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Daily Quote: “When a man finds and knows himself to be linked with Christ, his life is altogether a new life. Crucified, then dead. Crucified, then the old life is put away. Whatever life a crucified man has must be new life. Whatever you have of life was not given you till you came into union with Christ. It is a new thing—as new as though you had been actually dead and rotted in the tomb and then had started up at the sound of the trumpet to live again.” ~Charles Haddon Spurgeon
This Week’s Verse to Memorize:
Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon. ~Isaiah 55:7