For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18
Last week I shared with you some insights from Paul David Tripp’s new 40-day devotional for Lent. I have told you before that I have a love-hate relationship with Paul Tripp!😊 He is so good at getting at your heart. God bless him.
If you missed Part 1, you can go back online, or if you email me (firstname.lastname@example.org), I will send you the list.
Here is the rest of the list on what the cross teaches:
- The cross teaches that God offers the grace of forgiveness, a relationship with Him, personal transformation, a new identity, new potential, a secured destiny, and grace upon grace.
- The cross teaches us how we should live.
- The cross teaches us that we should live humbly wise and not filled with pride.
- The cross teaches us that we need to pray for eyes to see and hearts that are attentive to the enemies temptations and sins lives.
- The cross teaches us to be humbly ready to start every day with cries for divine rescue and strength.
- The cross teaches us that we have hope and courage.
- The cross teaches us to be unafraid to admit and confess sin.
The hymn-writer put it this way:
Years I spent in vanity and pride,
Caring not my Lord was crucified,
Knowing not it was for me He died on Calvary.
By God’s Word at last my sin I learned;
Then I trembled at the law I spurned,
Till my guilty soul imploring turned to Calvary.
Now I’ve given to Jesus everything;
Now I gladly own Him as my King;
Now my raptured soul can only sing of Calvary.
O the love that drew salvation’s plan!
O the grace that brought it down to man!
O the mighty gulf that God did span at Calvary.
Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty at Calvary.
Contemplate today what the cross teaches you and me.
Living in light of eternity,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Check out the Collingsworth family: At Calvary
Written by Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 12 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.