What Are You Reading (Part Two)
Posted on January 18, 2016 by America's Keswick in Freedom Fighters
Last week I started to give you a list of books I read in 2015 and then didn’t get around to actually giving you the list. So here goes:
1. Mastering Life Before It’s Too Late (Robert J. Morgan) – This book would probably go on my top ten list of must read books for every Christian leader and every man who wants to not only live life to the fullest but also to help us finish well. I have this book on my list to reread every year. It is available on Kindle too.
2. It’s Not Who You Know, It’s Who You Are (Pat Williams) – I have read every book that Pat Williams has written. Everyone is underlined and dog-eared to the hilt. He is so stinking practical. Whether you are a leader or an employee, you will benefit from Pat’s books. Grab everyone you can read. Available on Kindle
3. The Grave Robber (Mark Batterson) – I love Pastor Mark’s writing style. He forces me to think and his illustrations are amazing. He makes the Scriptures come alive. Great fresh look at the life of Jesus. Available on Kindle
4. Overworked and Overwhelmed (Scott Eblin) – If you are a Type A driven personality, this will be a resource that will help you. So many practical principles you can put in place. This was so practical that I actually made 4×6 cards for some of the principles and have them on a stand on my desk. Available on Kindle.
5. Essentialism (Greg McKeown) – We buy stuff. Collect stuff. Then we have to figure out what to do with the stuff. Then we end up eventually getting rid of the stuff. This book really helped me to look at keeping life simple and working towards getting rid of the clutter in every area of life. If you are a pack-rat – well you will survive. Available on Kindle
6. What Keeps You Up At Night (Pete Wilson) – I am not the greatest sleeper, and once I am awake it is hard to get back to sleep. This was a great read for me and if you have issues with fear and anxiety, a great read. Available on Kindle.
7. A Trip Around the Sun (Mark Batterson) – Another great read from the pen of Pastor Mark Batterson. What are you going to do with your life? This book will take you past getting rid of the clutter to now that I have done it – what meaningful things will I do with my life? Available on Kindle
8. Inside Job (Stephen Smith) – This book and Soul Custody combined were two of the most challenging and yet fulfilling books on the topic of soul care. In fact, this is the book God used in my life to get me on the right track with my eating and exercise. Dr. Smith said that we spend a lot time trying to care for our soul, but many of us have done a poor job caring for the body that our soul is contained in! Yikes!!! Available on Kindle.
9. Soul Custody (Stephen Smith) – See above.
10. Shadow of the Mountain – Cliff Graham is a fiction writer who has a great way of telling biblical stories in a thrilling way. Men tend to shy away from fiction, but historical and biblical fiction is a great way to read and relax at the same time. Check out Cliff’s stuff.
I’d really like to see you read more this year. And I would certainly like to hear what you are reading.
God bless you.
Written by Dr. Bill Welte is President/CEO of America’s Keswick. He has been married to his child sweetheart for 40+ years, and has three married kids, one that is engaged, and 10 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Click Here to Download our 2016 Daily Bible Reading Plan
Daily Quote: “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” Joseph Addison
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war may rise against me, In this I will be confident.~Psalm 27:3 (NKJV)