Posted on January 21, 2019 by America's Keswick in Freedom Fighters
There is not a day that goes by when listening to the news that we do not hear about truth.
We are spending millions of dollars trying to determine whether or not our President has lied or told the truth about his dealings with the Russians.
Every political leader on both sides of the aisle is declaring what he or she said is true, even if they are lying.
In our ministry, we are always encouraging the men and women in our addiction recovery ministries to tell the truth.
When our kids were growing up, we always told them, “Tell the truth always. Sooner or later if something isn’t true, it will come out. Better to tell it now.”
Devotional author, Roy Lessin, reminds us four things to remember about the truth that you and I can count on:
- God is Truth. “But the Lord is the true God and the God of truth (the God who is Truth). He is the living God and the everlasting King. (Jeremiah 10:10 AMP)
- Jesus is the Truth. “Jesus said to him [Thomas], I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.” (John 14:6 AMP)
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth. The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart) because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you. (John 14:7 AMP)
- The Word of God is Truth. “Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is truth. (John 17:17 AMP)
- And God wants us to be men of truth in our relationships at home, with our kids, in our churches, and in the marketplace.
“Behold, You desire truth in the inner being; make me therefore to know wisdom in my inmost heart.” Psalm 51:6
Good reminder on this Monday of a brand new week. Next week I want to blog about our relationship with the truth.
Relentlessly pursuing Christ,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Written by Bill Welte: Written by Bill Welte,President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 11 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Think About This: If you want the truth to go round the world you must hire an express train to pull it; but if you want a lie to go round the world it will fly; it is as light as a feather, and a breath will carry it. It is well said in the old proverb, “a lie will go round the world while truth is putting its boots on.” C.H. Spurgeon
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them. – Genesis 3:21