Things God Cannot Do
Posted on March 27, 2017 by Graeme Wilson in Freedom Fighters
Good morning my brothers. It’s a new day and spring is just around the corner and I can’t wait. I love this time of the year. While you are reading this, we are getting ready to host 61 of our Keswick friends on a four-day trip that will include a visit to the Flight 93 Memorial, The Ark Encounter, The Creation Museum, and the National Aviary.
Here are some other things that our God cannot do:
- God cannot be imperfect. Be therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:48
- God cannot be second in your life. You shall not have any other gods before me. Exodus 20:3
- God cannot leave you comfortless. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18
- God cannot forget those who serve Him. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love, which you have showed toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Hebrews 6:10
- God cannot endure a proud look. …him that has a high look and a proud hear will I not suffer. Psalm 101:5
- God’s mercy cannot end. O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good: for His mercy endures forever. Psalm 107:1
- God’s name cannot be taken in vain. You shall not take the name of the Lord Your God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that takes His name in vain. Exodus 20:7
- God cannot allow ANYTHING to separate you from His love. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, for things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus.
- God’s peace cannot be understood. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7
- God’s Word cannot return to Him void, it will accomplish what He wills. So shall my word be that goes forth from out of my mouth: it will not return to me void, but it will accomplish that which I please, and it will prosper in the thing where I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
- God cannot change. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8
- God cannot deal with us according to our sin. He has not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward them that fear Him. Psalm 103:10-11
- God’s Word cannot be changed. Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89
- God’s kingdom cannot be destroyed. Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and Your dominion endures throughout all generations. Psalm 145:13
- God cannot be unforgiving to those who ask for forgiveness. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
- God’s plan for my life cannot be bad. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11
- God cannot be selfish. He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Romans 8:32
- God cannot accept sacrifices when He asks for obedience. And Samuel said, Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings, and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
1 Samuel 15:22
- God cannot be the author of confusion. For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
1 Corinthians 14:33
I will share the last of the list next week. May God bless you.
Rejoice! Pray! Give thanks!
Written by Dr. Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his child sweetheart for 40+ years, and has three married kids, one that is engaged, and 10 amazing grand kids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
The Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 44-47 | You can download our 2017 Daily Bible Reading Plan by clicking here
Daily Quote: The great struggle of my life is not trying to discern God’s will; it is trying to discern and then disown my own. —Paul Miller
This Week’s Verse to Memorize:
When the righteous rejoice, there is great glory; But when the wicked arise, men hide themselves. Proverbs 28:12