I just came across this great resource from our friends at Christ Life Ministries on preparing our hearts for prayer. I am grateful to Pastor Harold Vaughn for his heart in teaching men how to pray.
1. WORSHIP: Spend time praising the Lord.
Suggested Bible readings: Psalm 95 and 96; John 4:24; Isaiah 6:1-8
2. PRAISE: Thank Him for blessings you have received. Four-fold reason for praise: I Peter 2:9
3. CONFESS: Read: Proverbs 28:13; I John 1:8-9; Psalm 51:1-16
Three kinds of sins which we must confess:
1. Private—sins against God alone, must be confessed to God alone.
2. Personal—sins against others. There can be no peace until these sins are confessed to God. AS GOD LEADS, you will need to confess to the person you have wronged. You must make an effort to restore disturbed fellowship.
3. Public—sins against the church, the body of Christ, such as: Gossip—tale-bearing; neglect of duty; wrongful attitudes.
You can name many others. If these sins are not confessed, you cannot be filled with the Holy Spirit. There must be:
1. cleansing… then filling
2. preparing… then interceding
3. yielding… then receiving
4. asking… then praising
5. empowering… then witnessing
Here—alone with God:
1. Take time to examine your own heart.
2. Consider each question.
3. Let God guide you.
4. Confess every sin and ask God’s forgiveness.
REMEMBER: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (I John 1:9). “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us” (I John 1:8)
I appreciate you, and thank you for dialing in with us each week for our daily Freedom Fighters.
May God bless you.
Undivided: By Christ, In Christ, For Christ,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Bill loves to hear from you. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 12 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Think About This: “God is not shocked by your emotions. No matter how messed up your soul may be, God is right there with you, listening” ―