Praying for Your Government
Posted on August 5, 2019 by America's Keswick in Freedom Fighters
If there was ever a time for us as believers to pray for our government, it is NOW!
We have been providing you with ways to be a WAR ROOM Prayer Partner. Today I am challenging you to pray for our government:
Praying For Your Government
- That they would be blessed, protected, and prosperous in their role. (3 John 2)
- Submit to the authority and ways of God and His Word daily. (1 Pet. 2:13–17)
- Come to the knowledge of Christ and surrender to His lordship. (1 Tim. 2:4)
- Lead with honor, respect, wisdom, compassion, and godliness. (1 Tim. 2:2)
- Use good judgment, pursue justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with God. (Mic. 6:8)
- Walk in integrity, keep their promises, and fulfill their commitments. (Ps. 15; 112:1–9)
- Not get distracted or cower into passivity, but embrace responsibility. (Neh. 6:1–14)
- Watch over, protect, lead, and serve those in their care. (Heb. 13:17)
- Respect all people without regard to their gender, race, religion, or social status. (1 Pet. 2:17)
- Hate evil, pride, injustice, and turn away from Satan’s lies and schemes. (1 Pet. 5:8)
- Establish rules and laws that honor God’s law and strengthen families and cities. (Deut. 10:13)
- Reward those who do right and punish those who do wrong. (Rom. 13:1–5; 1 Pet. 2:14)
- Refuse to take a bribe or allow favoritism in judgment. (Ps. 15)
- Become hard workers who faithfully fulfill their duties. (Prov. 6:6-11; Luke 12:42-44)
- Make choices based upon the fear of God, not the fear of man. (Ps. 34; Prov 9:10; 29:25)
- Be a godly example in their roles and responsibilities. (Josh. 24:15)
Our government will NEVER be changed in the offices and hallways of our government officials. Our government will be changed as we pray for them in the WAR ROOM – the Throne Room of our great God! Pray for your government.
Relentlessly pursuing Christ,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Written by Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 11 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Think About This: “We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade, the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito. And the incognito is not always hard to penetrate. The real labor is to remember, to attend. In fact, to come awake. Still more, to stay awake.” C. S. Lewis
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: “Yet I am the Lord your God ever since the land of Egypt, and you shall know no God but Me; for there is no savior besides Me. – Hosea 13:4
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the doctrinal and theological views held by America’s Keswick.