Praying for Your City
Posted on August 12, 2019 by Erin Culleny in Freedom Fighters
Here is the last installment of our prayer lists. I trust that you will have found these helpful and that you will pull the out often.
Praying for your City
- That God would bless your city and make it a safe and prosperous place for families to freely live, grow, worship, and serve Him with their lives. (Ps. 122:6-9; 3 John 2)
- Raise up strong pastors and healthy churches throughout the city to be a light and a spiritual force for good. (Matt. 5:16; Acts 15:4)
- Open the eyes of believers with hearts of love and compassion for the lost. (Matt. 9:27-28; John 4:35; Rom 10:1)
- Unite local pastors in prayer for one another and for revival and restoration in their city. (Col. 4:3; 2 Tim. 1:3)
- Unite churches in prayer, the preaching of the Word, and in serving the needs of their city. (2 Tim. 4:1-3; Titus 3:14)
- Give our leaders guidance and understanding, and help them fear God rather than man. (Deut. 10:12; James 1:5)
- Replace poor, corrupt government leaders with strong, godly leaders who will honor God and serve the people wisely, justly, and unselfishly. (Ps. 101:7-8; Micah 6:8)
- Shut down the corrupt businesses and organizations that are destroying the community with sinful products or practices. (Ps. 55:9-11)
- Bring in strong, healthy businesses that will benefit families and the city. (Prov. 29:12)
- Rebuke satanic influences and control over the city, and overcome any strongholds of the enemy with the gospel, prayer, and the blood of Jesus. (Eph. 6:12-20; Rev. 12:11)
- Replace corrupt laws and standards with just and godly ones. (Deut. 16:19-20)
- Strengthen the marriages, parenting, and families in the city. (Ps. 112:1-9; 128; Eph. 5:22-6:4)
- Strengthen the law enforcement to protect the people and eliminate crime. (Rom 13:1-5)
- Pour out His Spirit and bring revival to the church and spiritual awakening to the city. (2 Chron. 7:14)
From The Battle Plan for Prayer, Stephen & Alex Kendrick
B&H Publishing Group, Nashville, Tennessee, 2015
May God change our families, our churches, our government and all of us.
Relentlessly pursuing Christ,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Written by Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 11 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Think About This: Certainly, God is with is in times of distress, and that is a comforting truth. But listen: Jesus wants to be part of our every experience and every moment of our lives. Billy Graham
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: Who is wise? Let him understand these things. Who is prudent? Let him know them. For the ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them, but transgressors stumble in them. – Hosea 14:9
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the doctrinal and theological views held by America’s Keswick.