Let Us Verses
Posted on November 26, 2018 by America's Keswick in Freedom Fighters
I love lists. I am addicted to lists. I make a to-do list almost every day. Maybe I need a program!!!
For the last two weeks I gave you a list of “BEE” verses and as I have been reading in my quiet time, I was at amazed at how many verses have started with “let us” or “let us not” in the Bible.
Let me give you a few to get your juices going on this Monday morning.
- Let us: walk honestly — The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore, let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Romans 13:12
- Let us: put on the armor of light – The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore, let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Romans 13:12
- Let us: follow things that edify – Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. Romans 14:19
- Let us: be sincere and truthful – Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened breadof sincerity and truth. — 1 Corinthians 5:8
- Let us: walk in the Spirit – If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:25
- Let us: do good to all – Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:10
- Let us: watch and be sober – Therefore let us not sleep, as others do,but let us watch and be sober. 1 Thessalonians 5:6
- Let us: hold fast our confession – Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is Hebrews 10:23
- Let us: come boldly to the throne of grace – Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
- Let us: draw near to God – let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22
- Let us: provoke to love and good works – And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Hebrews 10:24 (KJV)
- Let us: exhort one another – not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:25
- Let us: lay aside every weight and sin – Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us,and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1
- Let us: fix our eyes on Jesus – Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of ourfaith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
- Let us: offer our sacrifice of praise to God continually – Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of ourlips, giving thanks to His name. Hebrews 13:15
I love how the Word of God addresses the issues of our lives with such clarity. I trust you will begin to apply these “let us” verses to your daily walk.
Overflowing and abounding with hope,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Written by Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 11 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Think About This: Talking with God and experiencing His specific answers to prayer should be a daily delight. – Living the Battle Plan
This Week’s Verse to Memorize:And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4