Think About This: “Jesus as Lord means that Jesus is to be the supreme ruler and master. He calls the shots, and He is to be acknowledged in everything that is done. The problem is that too many people want a Savior but don’t want a Lord.” – Tony Evans
God’s Always Right on Time
Posted on December 19, 2022 by Elizabeth Welte in Freedom Fighters
“But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.” – Galatians 4:4-5
God’s timetable is not like mine. Throughout my life, I have observed that He often shows up never early, never late, but at precisely the right time, which is often 11:59!!!
That is precisely when Jesus was born!!! He came at just the right time.
Consider what the times were like when Jesus arrived on planet earth:
- The people were being heavily taxed and faced every prospect of a sharp increase to cover expanding military expenses. Luke 2:1; also see Gibbon, “Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.”
- The threat of world domination by a cruel ungodly power of an intoxicated band of men was ever just below the threshold of consciousness. See Paul Maier, “Pontius Pilate.”
- Moral deterioration had corrupted the upper levels of society and was moving rapidly into the broad base of the populace. See Romans 1.
- Peace propaganda was heard everywhere in the midst of preparations for war. See Jeremiah 6:14.
- The latest rulers were covering the landscape with their statues and images, invoking a subtle form of state worship. Mark 13:14.
- Intense nationalist feeling was clashing openly with new and sinister forms of imperialism. Mark 15:7.
- Conformity was the spirit of the age. John 9:16.
- Government handouts were being used with increasing lavishness to keep the population from rising up and throwing out the leaders. “Bread and Circuses”, cross reference Gibbon, Op.cit.
- Interest rates were spiraling upward in the midst of an inflated economy. See Gibbon Op. cit.
- External religious observance was considered a political asset. Mark 12:28-39.
- An abnormal emphasis was being placed on sport and athletic competition. Cross-reference Gibbon, Op.cit.: Will Durant, “A History of Greece”.
- Social life centered around the banquet and pool. Cambridge Ancient History
- Racial tension was at the breaking point. Acts 6:1 and 19:29.
From Sherwood Wirt – Decision Magazine 12/25/76
I have read this many times over the years in preparing for Christmas message. But this year it really sounds familiar, doesn’t it? Maybe things really are ripe for His Second Advent?
There are many over the centuries who have speculated as to when Jesus would return for the second time. The birth pangs seem to be increasing. The signs seem to be increasing.
I do know this – His return is closer than ever before. This time He will not come as a Babe in a manager. He will return as the King of kings and Lord of Lords. At His first coming, only a few knew of His birth. But at the Second Advent – every eye will see!!! There will be no mistake.
And we can count on this – He will come at just the right time!!! Will you be ready? If not, now is the “accepted time” to call on the name of the Lord and be saved. He will forgive you of your sins and turn your life around. You will become a new creation in Christ with a new identity, the blessing of living a life of victory, and the hope of eternal life. If you want more information how you can know Christ as your personal Savior, please email me.
Anchored to the Rock of Ages,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Written by Bill Welte: President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 12 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: “But as for me, my prayer is to You, O Lord, in the acceptable time; O God, in the multitude of Your mercy, Hear me in the truth of Your salvation.” Psalm 69:13