Think About This: “Often times God demonstrates His faithfulness in adversity by providing for us what we need to survive. He does not change our painful circumstances. He sustains us through them.” – Charles Stanley
God is Faithful Part 2
Posted on November 22, 2021 by Catey Stover in Freedom Fighters
Devotional writer, W. Phillip Keller wrote on the faithfulness of God:
“I know nothing which so stimulates my faith in my heavenly Father as to look back and reflect on His faithfulness to me in every crisis and every chilling circumstance of life.”
Last week I share with 16 verses that I discovered on the faithfulness of God. Here is the rest of the list. Check them out. Read over the list and rejoice in this God who not only WAS faithful, but IS and will be!!!
- Psalm119:90 Your faithfulness endures to all generations; you have established the earth, and it stands fast.
- Psalm 145:17 The Lord is righteous in all his ways and faithful in all he does.
- Psalm 146:8 He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them – He remains faithful forever.
- Isaiah 11:5 Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist.
- Isaiah 25:1 Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.
- Lamentations 3:22-23The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
- 2Joel 2:23 Be glad, people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for He has given you the autumn rains because He is faithful. He sends you abundant showers.
- 1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
- 2 Corinthians 1:18-19 But as surely as God is faithful, our message to you is not “Yes” and “No.” For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us – by me and Silas and Timothy –was not “Yes” and “No,” but in Him it has always been “Yes.”
- 2 Timothy 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3The Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.
- Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.
- 1 Peter 4:19 So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.
- 1 John 1:9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- Revelation 19:11 I saw heaven open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.
Have a great week. I appreciate you.
Living in light of the gospel,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Written by Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 12 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. –Ephesians 5:1-2