David’s Code of Ethics
Posted on September 17, 2018 by America's Keswick in Freedom Fighters
Recently I was asked if America’s Keswick had a code of ethics for our staff. Great question, and the answer to that question is, “Yes, we do.”
As I was reading through the Psalms again last month, I read again King David’s Code of Conduct from Psalm 101. If you have never read the passage, it is worth digging into.
David’s Code of Conduct
- I will be careful to live a blameless life. Vs. 2a
- I will lead a life of integrity in my own home. Vs. 2b
- I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. Vs. 3a
- I hate all who deal crookedly; I will have nothing to do with them.
- I will reject perverse ideas and stay away from every evil. Vs.4
- I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors. Vs. 5a
- I will not endure conceit and pride. Vs. 5b
- I will search for faithful people to be my companions. Vs. 6a
- I will not allow deceivers to serve in my house, and liars will not stay in my presence. Vs. 7
- My daily task will be to ferret out the wicked and free the city of the Lord from their grip. Vs. 8
This doesn’t really need any commentary. I think the passage is very clear about what we need to do. I have printed this out again and will be posted in on the wall at my home and office desks. Wow.
Check it out for yourself.
Overflowing and abounding in hope,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Written by Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 11 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Think About This: Our highest privilege and deepest need is to experience the holy God as our loving Father, to approach him without fear and to be assured of his fatherly care and concern. Greg Ogden
This Week’s Verse to Memorize:And I will wait on the Lord, Who hides His face from the house of Jacob; And I will hope in Him. Isaiah 8:17
Kent, Carol. He Holds My Hand: Experiencing God’s Presence and Protection (Kindle Locations 4861-4864). Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.. Kindle Edition.