Christ Our Victory (Part 3)
Posted on September 23, 2019 by America's Keswick in Freedom Fighters
We have been talking about the Victorious Christian life message and its implications. You might be thinking, “Why is this so important?”
I believe it is important because so many believers are living in defeat and discouragement because they have not fully grasped the truth of our identity in Christ and the implications.
Missionary L. L. Legters lays out ten truths about this message that if we can get it into our hearts, will help us to walk in freedom:
- The Victorious Life is not a thing, but a PERSON; not an experience, but a new life; not a higher kind of Christianity, but a divine life. The Person, the life, the Victorious Life, is Jesus Christ Himself. Every one who has HIM has the Victorious Life, though all may not (if they do not meet the conditions) experience Him in their daily living. “He that hath the Son hath life, and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life” (1 John 5:12). “Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” (2 Cor. 13:5).
- It is Jesus Christ living out in us—His matchless, all-powerful, divine life. “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me” (Gal. 2:20).
- It is the Lord Jesus giving His life in abundance. “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” (John 10:10). Abundance is in the supply. More than you need.
- It is “Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27).
- It is Victory by the Indweller. “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than He that is in the world” (1 John 4:4).
- It is Jesus Christ living in you as Owner by faith. “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit which are God’s” (1 Cor. 6:19, 20). “That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith” (Eph. 3:17).
- It is Jesus Christ in you. “…Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” (2 Cor., 13:5).
- It is by the Spirit saying “Jesus is Lord.” “…No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit” (1 Cor. 12:3).
- It is the Only Begotten keeping the begotten ones. “We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not” (1 John 5:18).
- It is meeting temptation without a fall. “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1 Cor. 10:13). Jesus said, “I am the Way” (John 14:6).
Let’s not wallow around in the pig pen brothers. We are new creations in Christ and we have the ability through Christ to live a life of victory. Let’s stop talking about it and live it!!!
Relentlessly pursuing Christ,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Written by Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 11 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Think About This: “Genuine spiritual knowledge lies not in wonderful and mysterious thoughts but in actual spiritual experience through union of the believer’s life with truth.” ― Watchman Nee
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. – Psalm 139:23-24
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the doctrinal and theological views held by America’s Keswick.