Christ Our Victory (Part 2)
Posted on September 16, 2019 by Erin Culleny in Freedom Fighters
Last week I shared from a little booklet that I found in Pastor Bill Raws’ files. It was written by missionary statesmen, L.L. Legters.
The Victorious Christian Life is the message that has been a part of the fabric of our ministry since its birth. The message has been greatly misunderstood – but the message is rooted and grounded in God’s Word.
Here are the next six truths:
- To be able daily from the heart to say “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me” (Gal. 2:20).
- To say daily with quiet joy, looking to Him, “To me to live is Christ” (Phil. 1:21).
- To rest daily while others are breaking in pieces knowing this: “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness” (2 Cor. 12:9).
- To experience in our daily life what it means to be cleansed from sin. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9); and to be kept clean… “Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy” (Jude 24).
- To know daily His will in all spiritual wisdom, that we may walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing. “…That ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God” (Col. 1:9, 10).
So what? What I would like to suggest that you take these 4 truths and add them to the ones from the previous week and read them over and over for the next week. Allow these truths to sink into your heart and life. You can live a life of victory THROUGH Christ.
Relentlessly pursuing Christ,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Written by Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 11 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Think About This:“Our old history ends with the Cross; our new history begins with the resurrection.” ― Watchman Nee, The Normal Christian Life
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. – Psalm 139:23-24
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the doctrinal and theological views held by America’s Keswick.