Christ Our Victory (Part 1)
Posted on September 9, 2019 by America's Keswick in Freedom Fighters
I shared with you several weeks ago that I have been going through files that belonged to Pastor Bill Raws, the grandson of our founder, William Raws.
I have found some wonderful treasures on the victorious Christian life that have spoken to my heart and found a little pamphlet written by L.L. Legters, who was a missionary statesman. He and his wife had a burden for Mexico, and God used them in a mighty way to reach these precious people.
At some point, I need to tell you his story, but for the next couple of weeks, I would like to share this long-out-of-print pamphlet with you that explains the message that has been part of our history and heritage since the founding of our ministry.
In this powerful little pamphlet, he states that the victorious Christian life may be thought of from two standpoints: subjectively and objectively.
He shares ten practical implications of the message:
- To experience in every-day life the joy of victory over sin. To be kept free from anxiety, worry, and cares. “Therefore, I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?” (Matt. 6:25). “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” (Phil. 4:6). For worry is unbelief in action—one of the so-called respectable sins of Christians.
- To experience daily the fruit of the Spirit. “…the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” (Gal. 5:22, 23).
- To know daily by experience what God means by “The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death” (Romans 8:2).
- To enjoy daily fellowship with the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.
“That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all” (1 John 1:3-5)
- To experience daily the words of Jesus Christ. “He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his innermost parts shall flow rivers of living water” (John 7:38).
I found these truths to be a powerful reminder in my life right now. I share the next four next week. Take a few minutes to review these truths in your heart and mind.
Relentlessly pursuing Christ,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Written by Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 11 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Think About This: No one knows you better or loves you more. Today, you are in God’s place, in God’s time, to fulfill God’s plan, in God’s way, by God’s grace, for God’s glory.
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! – Psalm 139:17
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the doctrinal and theological views held by America’s Keswick.