Posted on February 4, 2019 by America's Keswick in Freedom Fighters
The Lord has really been hammering me this year about my attitude – attitude at work, home, and in my relationships. At age 64, I don’t want to be a coaster – I want to make my time count for eternity.
I have been reading a great book at attitude, and while it is not Christian book, I have been astounded at how much of it applies to me in my personal walk with God. The author gives a list of attitude attributes. Take a look
- Attitude of receptiveness. You are totally open to new ideas all the time, and eager to listen and self-evaluate.
- Attitude of listening. You are positively listening with the intent to understand and question BEFORE you respond.
- Attitude of friendliness. Your mindset is permanently adjusted to friendly and you greet everyone with a warm smile.
- Attitude of willingness. You serve from your heart because you love to be of service. Serving makes you feel good.
- Attitude of gratitude. Grateful for all gifts and opportunities that life has given you. How grateful are you? Really?
- Attitude of awareness. Looking at all things around you, and seeing the bright side. Listening to all things around you, and seeing the bright side.
- Attitude of enthusiasm. Full of visible happiness so strong it’s transferrable to others.
- Attitude of cooperation. You’re a true team player that’s happy to help and eager to support and serve.
- Attitude of positive anticipation. Believe things and people will go your way and have a great and positive outcome. Belief in YES!
- Attitude of encouragement. Helping and encouraging others win actually helps you to win.
So my question to you me is this: on a scale of 1 -5, one being excellent, and 5 being poorly, how are you doing with your attitudes? I share several more with you next week, but I challenge you to go through the list and prayerfully consider which attitude attributes you can be working on this week, this month, this year.
Relentlessly pursuing Christ,
Bill Welte, President/CEO
Written by Bill Welte: Written by Bill Welte,President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his childhood sweetheart for 40+ years and has four married kids and 11 amazing grandkids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Think About This: The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you… we are in charge of our Attitudes.” “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Pastor Chuck Swindoll
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? – Numbers 23:19