Core Value #2 Prayer
Posted on April 18, 2016 by America's Keswick in Freedom Fighters
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
Last week began a series on blogs on the Core Values of America’s Keswick.
Core Value #2 is our commitment to PRAYER.
In our original document, PRAYER was our #4 value but last year we moved it to #2.
From the inception of our ministry, PRAYER has been an integral part of everything we do. As William Raws began to grow in his walk with the Lord, he made prayer a vital part of his life and ministry, and I am thankful to say that ever since the ministry of America’s Keswick was founded in 1897, prayer remains a vital part of all we do.
In just about every book of the Bible, you will find references to prayer and its impact on the life of any man or woman who wants to be what God wants them to be.
Show me a man or woman who wants to be used of God, and I will show you a man or woman who makes prayer a commitment in their lives.
When I saw the movie, WAR ROOM, it increased my desire to be a man of prayer – and not just a man who prays, but one who prays boldly and courageously.
Can I share some quick thoughts about courageous prayer with you?
- Concerned about your marriage? Pray courageously.
- Concerned about your kids? Pray courageously.
- Concerned about your job? Pray courageously.
- Concerned about your health? Pray courageously.
- Fearful about where our country is heading? Pray courageously.
- Concerned about your church? Pray courageously.
- Are you struggling with sin in your life? Pray courageously.
- Are you facing a big decision? Pray courageously.
- Are there burdens on your heart that you can’t share with anyone else? Pray courageously.
- You don’t know how to pray? Pray courageously.
- You know what you want to say but don’t know how to say it? Pray courageously.
- Don’t get hung up of a prayer formula and there are good ones. Pray courageously.
- Don’t get hung up do I kneel, stand, keep my eyes open or closed – Pray courageously.
- Don’t have a prayer closet – Pray anywhere and at anytime – just pray courageously.
We put together a pamphlet last year to help with courageous praying. Here is the link so you can download it, or if you will write me, I will send you a hard copy. (Pray Courageously pamphlet)
If you want to see God make a difference in your life, in the life of your family, or the world around you – become a man who prays courageously.
W ritten by Dr. Bill Welte is President/CEO of America’s Keswick: He has been married to his child sweetheart for 40+ years, and has three married kids, one that is engaged, and 10 amazing grand kids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
The Daily Bible Reading: Psalm 109; Proverbs 18
Daily Quote: “Prayer is serious business. To be in God’s presence is holy.” ~Living the Battle Plan
This Week’s Verse to Memorize:
For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You
In a time when You may be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters
They shall not come near him.
You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalms 32:6-7