Praying Courageously – Free Prayer Guide
May 4, 2018
“Let us therefore come boldly (with courage) to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need”. ~Hebrews 4:16
You can download this as a PDF for printing, sending to your eReader (Kindle), etc by clicking the link at the bottom of the page .
Courageous Praying for Your Family
- Pray that your spouse will grow spiritually. Pray that they will guard their heart by developing spiritual disciplines – Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc.
- that your spouse’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in their life. Pray that they will be a man/woman of wisdom & understanding, fearing the Lord.
- that your spouse will be humble and quick to agree with God about their sin. Pray that their heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord.
- that your spouse will be faithful to their wedding vows. Pray that they will have a desire to cultivate a relationship as a sign of their loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of Christ’s love for the church.
- that you spouse will recognize the lies of the enemy in their life. Pray that their attitudes and actions will be guided by the truth as they bring their thoughts into captivity to the Word of God.
- that the Lord will create in your children a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within them (Psalm 51:10).
- that your children will walk after You, God, and fear You and keep Your commandments and obey Your voice. May they serve You and hold fast to You (Deuteronomy 13:4).
- that your children will be strong and courageous and not fear or be in dread, for it is You, Lord, our God, who goes with them. You will never leave them or forsake them (Deuteronomy 31:6).
- that your children will walk before You, God, as King David walked, with integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that You have commanded them, and keeping Your statutes and rules (1 Kings 9:4).
- that God will protect your children from the temptations from the world, the flesh and the devil (1 Corinthians 5:17; 1 John 2:16).
Courageous Praying for America
- Pray that God will turn people’s hearts toward Himself, and that He will be glorified.
- that God’s people will demonstrate a spirit of repentance and prayer – individually & corporately.
- that God will raise up righteous leaders who will model integrity and authenticity.
- that American’s will see their spiritual poverty; that our nation’s citizens will awaken their great spiritual need.
- that Godly men and women will be placed in positions of authority so that God’s people can rejoice.
- that our leaders will be just, fear God rather than men, and depart from evil.
- that our leaders will listen to biblical counsel.
- that people will be able to see the truth, that error will be exposed, and that people with wicked agendas will be made weak.
- that Christians will avoid negativity, fault-finding, and contentiousness, but instead, will stand out as God’s loving, pure children.
- that God will work through leaders to keep the doors for His Gospel to be proclaimed.
- that God will protect our troops as they serve across the globe.
- Adapted from Pray for America – Revive Our Hearts
Courageous Praying for Your Pastor
- Pray that he would know, embrace and ever more deeply understand the Gospel and be shaped by it in his life & ministry.
- that he would be a useful servant of the Lord, that he would know and love God’s Word, God’s people, and God’s kingdom; that he would be used to build it up & so that it prevails even against Hell’s gates.
- that he would study, practice and teach God’s Word, by the grace of the Holy Spirit.
- that he would love to pray, because he loves to commune with his God and that he would be a man of prayer, characteristically.
- that he would be ever dependent upon and filled with the Spirit and that he would possess true spiritual wisdom.
- that he would be kept from pride and especially spiritual pride. That the Lord Himself would be gracious to slay pride in him, and that he would endeavor to always be putting pride to death, by the grace of the Holy Spirit.
- that God would make him a godly husband and father.
- that he would be a good friend to his wife, and love her sacrificially.
- that he would be a godly father to his children and that they would love God, their parents & the church.
- that he would be protected from the attacks of the enemy and from temptation.
Adapted from an article by Pastor Ligon Duncan
Courageous Praying for America’s Keswick
- Pray that God will be the center of everything that we do at America’s Keswick.
- Pray for the clear proclamation of HIS Word in our conferences and through our addiction recovery ministries.
- Pray for wisdom for the Board of Trustees and the Administration as they oversee the ministry; that they will have GOD’S heart for the ministry.
- Pray for our staff and their families. Pray for unity and a commitment to God’s plans and purposes for this ministry. Pray that God will protect our kids from the temptation and attacks of the enemy.
- Pray for our addiction recovery team that serves at the Colony of Mercy and Barbara’s Place. Pray for the men and women who will participate in these programs that God will bring last transformation to their hearts.
- Pray for the guest groups that hold their conferences and retreats on campus. Pray that God will speak to their hearts.
- Pray for the various outreach ministries that take place on and off campus. Pray that people will respond to the gospel and the challenge to walk in victory.
- Pray for protection on the property for our guests and staff.
- Pray that God will provide financially to keep our bills current and that we would be good stewards of what He entrusts to our care.
- Pray that we will be a good testimony to our community.
- Pray that God will keep our hearts pure, that we will be men and women of integrity, and that we will be salt and light to everyone who comes on this campus, or with whom we have touch points outside of America’s Keswick.
And the LORD, He it is that doth go before thee; He will be with thee, He will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8
Give five minutes to each of the following twelve activities:
- Praise the Lord for who HE is (Hebrews 13:15)
- Read the Word (Psalm 119:105)
- Meditate on what you have just read (Joshua 1:8)
- Confess your sins and shortcomings (1 John 1:9)
- Intercede for others (1 Samuel 12:18)
- Listen for God’s voice (Psalms 46:10)
- Pray using language of the Word (Psalm 22:1)
- Petition God for your own needs (James 4:2)
- Pray for your Pastor (1 Thessalonians 5:12-13)
- Pray for your church (Ephesians 5:25)
- Pray for your public and corporate leaders (1 Timothy 2:1-8)
- Give thanks (Psalm 136)
Want to get away and have dedicated time to pray and learn God’s Word?