History of the Colony of Mercy Addiction Recovery for Men
The Colony of Mercy at America’s Keswick was founded on September 25, 1897, by William Raws, as a spiritual restoration center for men who had become addicted to alcohol. Having been miraculously saved and set free while a dying alcoholic, William Raws gave his life to the purpose of reclaiming men who, like himself, had lost everything through the bondage of drink.With only $1.87, but with unbounded faith in God, he began a work, the results of which only time and eternity will tell.
The Colony of Mercy continues today as a testimony of God’s faithfulness to His people. Over the years, thousands of men have passed through this place and countless lives have been transformed by the grace and power of the Lord Jesus Christ.